Brace Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace Question

Hello, I am a 32 year old male who was diagnosed with Scoliosis in elementry school (about 13 years old) anyways.. it was a mild curve and dont have all the detailed information as i have read in some of the forums and to tell ya the truth, it has not bothered me much untill recently. Best was to describe it is like a bad slouch, pain is starting between shoulder blades and mid back. I have not seen a doctor on this scoliosis issue in MANY years and last doctor stated that it may have stopped. Well I am looking into some sort of brace to see if i may try and correct this issue before it gets worse. Was looking at the Boston Brace but it looks like you have to go get measured for that type and may be expensive, was thinking of trying a Posture brace to help me pull my shoulders back and see if that would work as well. Any information would help, just dont know since I'm 32 if the Boston brace would help since i am through growing or not.. also I do spend a great deal of time on the computer and thats when i find that it is hurting the most, does feel like my spine is "bowing" and can feel my spine patruding out more.
    That is about all the info i can think about for now, that can describe whats my situation is..

Thanks in advance....

Hi...

Bracing will not permanently reduce curves in anyone who is skeletally mature. (And, at 32, you would definitely be skeletally mature.) I have a page on my website on the subject:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/AlternativesDontWork.htm

If you prefer not to believe me, there are plenty of people who are willing to accept your money. :-) Here are a few:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/Alternatives.htm

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you Linda, I'll make a appointment with the Doctor and see what going on..

Comment

Working...
      X