Bras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bras

Also, I know that someone in the past posted something about bras that work well with scoliosis, but it was for someone with one side of her chest smaller or something. I have a rib hump on one side and it makes the bra really hurt sometimes or it sort of works its way out of the wrap around part. Anyways, does anyone else experience this and, if so, have you found any really comfortable bras?

Stef

Actually I despise bras but when I have to dress up I have found some by fruit of the loom that are stretch straps, lightly lined cups, no seam, no tags, they are made of t-shirt feeling cotton and have NO Underwire thank Goodness and best of all they hook in the front so there isn't a back hook to dig into my hump.It is again Fruit of the Loom Syle 9294. They are about as adjustable as others and easy to pick up at WalMart and Target.

Comment

Stef,
      Finding a comfortable bra is definitely a problem with a rotated rib cage. The hooks of my bra dig into the protruding part of my back on the right side and the elastic squeezes the narrowest part of the compressed left side (which I've gotten used to after all these years). Basically, trial and error is the best way to find a comfortable bra, since everyone is shaped differently. You haven't said whether your figure requires that you wear an underwire bra. If you don't need an underwire, you might want to try some of the sports bras which are made of smooth material and do not have hooks.
      Shelley

Comment

I have the same problem with bras rotating - and thern there is the asymmetrical boobs. So I have given up wearing bras and made the switch to camisoles. You can buy cotton ones with built in bra shelf - and wear them under almost anything - and they are warm in the winter. The camis are more comfortable than sports bras because you don't have those criss crossed straps on your back. Make the switch!

Comment

i had the same problem, and when i did find a decnt one which didnt hurt my hump, it was all uneven at the front

Comment

Have any of you tried a sports bra? I don't know if it would help, but it might be worth a try. They are pretty comfortable.

Comment

Sports bras work, you could try front hook bras, or the camisoles that have a lining in them like a sports bra, they don't droop of my shoulder and I don't have to re-adjust myself (I find the camis more comfortable and I'm not self-conscience)

Comment

well i dont have that problem as much now because ive had the surgery done, but thanks anyways!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X