Spinecor brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor brace

I have had scoliosis for at least 24 years (am 29now), had Boston brace from age 6 to 15. My curve has only progressed 3 degrees (supposedly) from my last x ray at age 21. My scoliosis is not idiopathic and may be either acquired or genetic. I have notable correction in my lateral bending xrays, so my chiropractor (I know a lot of you don't believe in chiropractors, but I do and have had a LOT of pain relief from them) has mentioned the Spinecor brace. From my own research, I have noted that its use in adults has been limited and that the Spinecor folks do not know for sure of its benefits for adults.

I was just wondering if there are any adults on here that have used this brace and how their treatment has gone.

Stefanie

i am an adult that has used the spinecor

After wearing it for 5 months i showed no improvement, and i am very young still, 22. I am very active and was told that it would help. The only thing it helped was my doctor's bank account. It was painful becuase those straps go over your stomach and when you sit down it is very umcomfortable to eat. I would rather wear my hard brace. I don't think it is wise and i now look back and regret purchasing it. I have know come to realize that i can't "fix" scoliosis I am just proactive in exercises that keep my agile. Good Luck!

Comment

Did they tell you that your spine would reduce in 5 months in the brace.?

Comment

With measuring scoliosis curvature on xrays, there can be -/+ 5 degree differences.

..and 3 degree 'progression' 8 years isn't that bad... i wouldn't worry too much
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
        X