BIG help with your brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG help with your brace

If you have a brace i totally recemend a memory foam mattress because it molds right to your curves and you can actually relax i have one and it feels GREAT! So i hope you take my advice on getting one so ask your parents LOL! buh bi

Lindsay*
    Lindsay, age 12
    Curve without brace - 40 top, 45 bottom
    Curve with brace - 40, 38!!!!!
    S curve Started wearing Boston brace
    in June 2005 and will have it for at least 2 yrs.

You might also use a 2" - 4 " memory foam mattress topper.

Comment

yea thats the kind that i have not the big mattress one
      Lindsay, age 12

Comment

Our son Dodo

Originally posted by scoliogirl92
        If you have a brace i totally recemend a memory foam mattress because it molds right to your curves and you can actually relax i have one and it feels GREAT! So i hope you take my advice on getting one so ask your parents LOL! buh bi

Lindsay*
        Dear scoliogirl92 and all friends.
        I am new member and our son 7 years old has scoliosis, 32 degrees curve.
        On wednesday we are going to adopt a brace on him and we hope everything will be much better yet we know it will not easy for him and for us.
        I wonder and would like to learn how his physical activities would be affected.
        I also wonder in his PE lessons in the school again what will happen ?
        Will it be not possible for him to attend PE lessons ?
        Last week, we started him swimming lessons.He also goes to tennis.
        Is there any other sporting activity better to scoliosis.Many thanks.

Comment

you know im not that sure because i got my brace in june and am in softball and when i play softball it really hurts because i dont have my brace on so im not sure im really sorry if i didnt help you and i havent been in school with it so im not sure either sorry and good luck!
          Lindsay, age 12

Comment

Swimming is one of the best exersises a person with Scoliosis can do. Depending on what type of brace your son has he might not be able to participate in tennis or school P.E. but everyone is different so you never know. Just make sure that the school and tennis instructor are informed and that he is comfortable playing those sports. I had a brace from the time I was 8 to at least 13 if i remember correctly. If you'd like to more about my experiences and/or how my family dealt with it, feel free to email me. Good luck!

By the way, I agree with you all, I don't wear a brace anymore but the memory foam toppers for a bed is GREAT!
            Jennifer

26 years old. Diagnosed with severe Scoliosis/Kyphosis and CMT at the age of 8. Have had a total of 6 surgeries, 4 on my spine and 2 on both of my feet. Including rod removal surgery. I am fused from T-2 to T-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleone1016
              Swimming is one of the best exersises a person with Scoliosis can do. Depending on what type of brace your son has he might not be able to participate in tennis or school P.E. but everyone is different so you never know. Just make sure that the school and tennis instructor are informed and that he is comfortable playing those sports. I had a brace from the time I was 8 to at least 13 if i remember correctly. If you'd like to more about my experiences and/or how my family dealt with it, feel free to email me. Good luck!

By the way, I agree with you all, I don't wear a brace anymore but the memory foam toppers for a bed is GREAT!
              Why does swimming help?
              Listen my child to this story of dreams
              ~:~ For the beginning is more difficult than it seems
              When the ten daughters are reunited in order
              ~:~ When the four sided box loses it's border
              When eye of the pheonix is in your hand
              ~:~ When the bird of fire can see again
              When the moon sleeps and the sun plays
              ~:~ When the king of the sky shines his ray
              Underneath a river of colors
              ~:~Lies a gate to golden wonders

I luv Gilmore Girls!!!

Comment

Swimming helps in many, many ways . . . my son's PT told him that floating on his back will allow his spine/back to go totally relaxed and that would be a good thing. Plus, you can strengthen muscles via swimming without putting a lot of stress on your spine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaro
                  You might also use a 2" - 4 " memory foam mattress topper.
                  where can you buy that?
                  > Diagnosed at age 4
                  > Braced at age 5
                  > 35 degree curve somewhere, sounds funny but yes, I forget where...
                  > Avid horseback rider

Comment

Overstock.com sells them and you can find a bunch of places if you google 'memory foam topper'

Comment

Working...
                    X