Spinecor Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor Brace

I would like to recommend the spinecor brace because it is sooo good. You can't see it under clothes, it's comfortable (well, as comfortable as a brace can be ) and it's not as hot or sticky as a rigid brace. It works just as well and even better than a rigid brace.
    You guys should talk to your parents because you are seriously wasting your time with rigid braces.
    Good luck!
    Bonnie, age 13, S curves of just under 30 degrees. Has been wearing Spinecor brace 20 hours a day for 1 year, should get it off May next year. The brace has been very effective.

I could not find a doctor locally who would recommend a Spinecor. I agree that it should be much more comfortable to wear but the local Docs didn't like what they had read about its effacy. Spinecor & Triac looked like good alternatives (to me) to rigid TLSOs but the Docs thought otherwise.

Comment

Actually, my doctor did not bring up the Spinecor brace after my diagnosis. My mom found it when she was researching online. Visit
      http://www.nonsurgicalscoliosistreat...om/_SpineCorp/
      for clinical trials and information about the brace.
      Bonnie, age 13, S curves of just under 30 degrees. Has been wearing Spinecor brace 20 hours a day for 1 year, should get it off May next year. The brace has been very effective.

Comment

Hi Bonnie,

What kind of correction are you getting with the brace ? Do you encounter any problems with the straps ? How often do you get them changed ? Sorry for all the questions... I'm also looking into the SpineCor brace

Celia

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Hi Celia,

The only problems I have with the straps is that they tend to unsnap easily. I fixed this by tightening the snaps with some needlenose pliers. I usually wash the straps once a week in the washing machine with some Woolite, and they never need to be replaced.
          I visit Montreal every four months for a checkup with the doctor who created the brace, but there are physicians who distribute them in the US now. You usually wear the brace 20 hours a day and can have it off in about two years depending on your curvature.
          I'd be happy to answer any other questions

Comment

Hi Bonnie...

Thanks for replying. What kind of correction are you getting with the SpineCor brace. ? Are you from Canada ? Oh, another thing....how much does the brace cost ? I've read reports that it costs something like $5,000.00.

Celia

Canadian eh
            Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

The brace costs $3,000 and I'm American. I live in Chicago so it's not too far from Canada.
              What type of correction? Ooo- at the moment I'm not sure of the medical term. I will go back to the diagnosis papers and check, but I have an S curve that requires 4 straps.
              Hold on a second, I'll get back to you with the correction...

Comment

so, how big is your curve now?

gerbo

Comment

Working...
                X