Body Numbness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Numbness

For the past 6 months I have had numbness in my body off and on. The first occurance it was in my left side of my body, only my left side and it was most extreme in the lower legs. It lasted for about a week or 2. About a month later give or take it hit again on my right side this time. Same symptoms lasted a week or so. About 2 months later it hit in my left side again, same symptoms. Just recently it hit me last saturday. This one is very extreme it started out in my feet, I thought it was from recently wearing sandals. But as it kept going it moved and now is from my torso down, even in my hands. My legs are the most extreme it is like they are in the sleep mode, with no sight of waking up.

I went to a doctor did some blood work incase it was a thyroid problem, but he has never heard of it like this. I am waiting for results. I tried some IB Profen incase it was something enflamed. That did not good. I also tried an exedrin incase that did anything, nothing again. I have tried stretching, working out, running, cycling, and still nothing. This is weirding me out etc. I have not been under any stress lately, and never had stroke or any other major problems. I have low blood pressure and Cholesterol (I am 20 years old)

I am just wondering if there is something someone knows that will help this. Or even to prevent it again. It has been about a week I have had this and it is very annoying. I would appreciate ANY information on this, or maybe someone having same symptoms to compare notes with.

I do not wear glasses, my vision is still the same. No headaches or backaches or pains anywhere but my upper chest which has been hurting since the numbness started. But it is my upper chest no where near the lungs or heart. I worked out on Tuesday doing some lifting (it has been a while since i lifted) and that did not seem to help or provoke it any. I have been eating healthier than I have in a long time. The numbness started before the workout and the change in my food habits.

But as of right now my torso, right and left hands, and below my waist is "numb" with that tingling sensation. Another note, I do not have any weakness associated with this. I am still as strong as I was before the numbness started. My reflexs are the same also.

Any comments/suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

--Premiso

Hi Premiso...

I don't think it's related to your scoliosis. The first thing I think of is MS. Hopefully, you'll get some answers quickly.

Best of luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

numbness

My suggestion is to consult a neurologist NOT a neurosurgeon (they are different) since this seems nerve related. A neurosurgeon operates on nerves a neurologist diagnoses and treats nerve disorders.

Karen
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
      X