Massage therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massage therapy

Hello, I am a recentley qualified massage therapist in the Czech Republic, Just Classic Massage. and have a 45 year old female client suffering from scoliosis, Though a hip being larger than the other, I was wondering if you all had any advice on what is best in helping to give relief through massage and what not, the advantages of stretching e.t.c. I would be most gratefull for any advice from your experiences

Hi Jammy...

It's not that one hip is bigger than the other, it's probably just higher, or the hip on the other side isn't prominent because the rib cage has rotated and fills the space.

I've tried dozens of different types of massage. The only one that ever helped was a guy who did a lot of stretching by pushing and pulling on my back and hips. It was heaven, and I felt great afterward. Unfortunately, it was a few thousand miles away from home, so I couldn't go back.

It's unlikely that your work will do anything to reduce this client's curve(s), but you can make her a lot more comfortable. I applaud you for seeking information to help, and I hope that you'll let us know what you learn.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X