Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuronton?Has anyone heard of this?

Hey there,
    Has anyone tried or heard of Neuronton for pain relief due to scoliosis? I would love to hear your thoughts. All the best, Bish

Bish,
    I have taken Neuronton since my A/P surgery in 2002. I take it 4 times a day and I love it. I have no side effects, i.e. wooziness, sleepness etc. I take it for nerve pain. I think if you scan thru this web site you will find that a lot of us take it
    SandyC
    SandyC

Comment

my son takes it as well and has for several years now. he also takes methadone and occasionally tylenol/codeine... it is a great "cocktail" that has worked well for his pain issues. Wish we could just resolve the pain so he didnt have any, but at least we have something that works.

Neurontin was originally created for seizures, but they found it worked well for nerve pain

Heidi
      Heidi (mom to 3 boys, Sean is 9 and has LCDH, SBS, is TPN, O2, and Bipap dependent, has SVC stenosis/stent x4, severe malignant scoliosis fused twice from T1-L2, halo traction for 2 months, severe restrictive lung disease, a CVL and GT, Fundo x2, and is one of my heroes.)

Comment

Hi Bish...

I tried neurontin, but unfortunately couldn't stay awake on the smallest dose. I know lots of people who take it, and most find it to be a miracle drug.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

neurontin(gabapentin)

After surgery, while I was in spine rehab, as my back was "waking up, I got awful nerve pains. The physiatrist who was responsible for my care while there prescribed Neurontin. It was wonderful. It worked where narcotics didn't. This is another good reason for going to rehab after spine surgery(adults). My pain issues were immediately addressed and no one had to go out to the pharmacy.

I was on the maximum dose for many months and started to taper off when I went back to work. It did cause short term memory impairment.

Karen
          Last edited by Karen Ocker; 07-09-2005, 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

me too

Hi:

I have recently added Neurontin to my pain cocktail lol and it has helped quite a lot especially for the neuropathic pain in my feet and legs - I was having an awdul time with that and since I started the neurontin it has almost disappeared. I only take 300 mg twice a day but you can take much larger doses than that. I haven't has any side effects from it at all

Nancy
            Nancy

Comment

Neurontin

I'm scheduled for surgery August 5 due to spinal stenosis at L-5. The nerve pain in my legs and back was so bad I was practically in a wheelchair. Any drug I was given made me nauseous and dizzy or sleepy and did very little for the pain. I finally started on neurontin 4xday and it has been a blessing. No side effects. I'm not totally without pain but the worst of it is under control so that I can function. I still can't walk very far but it's good enough until my surgery.
              TrulyAries
              FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
              10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
              8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
              5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
              2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
              3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Just an aside to Neurontin... Braydon was on Neurontin for almost 2 years. It was wonderful to have the nerve-related pain subside. He weaned down to a minimal dose (100mgs 3Xday). For the last 6 months or so on the medication, he had problems with strange thoughts and depression (he was 9 when weaned off completely). Hopefully it was an isolated case, but be careful about depression and anxiety and thoughts that are not normal for you.
                Carmell
                mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
                X