Chiropractic Care and Scoliosis/Kyphosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiropractic Care and Scoliosis/Kyphosis

My daughter had surgery on 3/15/05, after almost two years of chiropractic treatment. She quit with Chiro treatment after she went to Shriners last fall. Her chiro had us convinced that there was nothing but chiro treatment for her back. She went to visit with her chiro last week. He was absolutely stunned at the correction she had in her back. He asked her why she had surgery. She told him she was tired of her back hurting all the time and this was the next step. She shared with him that her back doesn't hurt anymore and that she is pleased with the results from her surgery. He now, after seeing her in person, understands that sometimes bracing and or surgery is the best solution to the problem. She isn't against chiro care, and neither are we, but there are some things that need more than and adjustment.

'til later,
    Nikki

She isn't against chiro care, and neither are we, but there are some things that need more than and adjustment.

It is unfortunate though that amongst the many "alternative" practioners there are so many who trade in false hope and unrealistic prospects....

Comment

You can say that again Gerbo... at a camp fair a few weeks ago I actually had a chiro tell me that he could have helped my son's scoliosis and pulmonary insufficiency so he wouldnt have needed his 7 back surgeries (2 fusions, and several to place grow rods and lengthen them)... this upon meeting him for 5 minutes at a table where he was playing with models of vertebrae. Thanks, but no thanks.
      Heidi (mom to 3 boys, Sean is 9 and has LCDH, SBS, is TPN, O2, and Bipap dependent, has SVC stenosis/stent x4, severe malignant scoliosis fused twice from T1-L2, halo traction for 2 months, severe restrictive lung disease, a CVL and GT, Fundo x2, and is one of my heroes.)

Comment

Working...
      X