10 years past surgery, permanent back ache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years past surgery, permanent back ache

I have constant knotting and ache in my upper back. I think this is because I can't stretch that at all, since my entire back from the bottom of my neck to the bottom of my rib cage is fused. Never any lower back pain to speak of. Any alternatives to begging (or buying) massages constantly?

I did talk to a GP about this but he did not have anything useful to say.

If your in england get in touch with www.sauk.org.uk. If you are in US get yoga for scoliosis by elsie browning miller and find a scoliosis expert.

Good luck

Comment

Barbs - do you have the Yoga for Scoliosis? If so, do you find it helps with pain? I tried yoga about three years ago and while it felt good, they really didn't know what to do with me so I stopped going. If you feel it helps, I just might buy it and try it out. Thanks! LYNN
      1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
      2000 Partial Rod Removal
      2001 Right Scapular Resection
      12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
      06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Working...
      X