Time to Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Vent

With one son in college, another teen on her way... the high cost of EVERYTHING... We can't afford insurance. So I will suffer on.. allowing back pain to dictate my life and what I can and can't do... All because of the high cost of medical treatment and insurance.

As of today, here in the US...did you know that hospitals that treat illegal aliens can now send the bill to OUR government for payment?

How screwed up is that??

insurance

Your local university hospital may have a back clinic where you can be treated based on a sliding scale payment plan.

This also is true for dental care. You can go to the nearest dental school. My sister lost her job and had no insurance. She needed a root canal to save a tooth. She was able to do it for one third the cost and she had absolutely no pain afterward.

This is only done at university hospitals who get federal funds for such care.

Karen
    Last edited by Karen Ocker; 05-10-2005, 03:50 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Ocker
      Your local university hospital may have a back clinic where you can be treated based on a sliding scale payment plan.

This also is true for dental care. You can go to the nearest dental school. My sister lost her job and had no insurance. She needed a root canal to save a tooth. She was able to do it for one third the cost and she had absolutely no pain afterward.

This is only done at university hospitals who get federal funds for such care.

Karen

Karen! Thank you so much for that information! Duke University is the closest to me.. I don't know if they have a back clinic, or not.. but I intend to find out!

Wow... I was sure intending on venting.. And, I did that... but this bit of info may make the purpose of this thread something else entirely... He is Good!

Comment

Hey Cindy

Duke does have a back clinic for adults, when I goto the neurologist, the spine clinic is in the same location. The spine clinic is located in the Duke Clinics. If I remember correctly, it is in clinic rm 1L, its down a long hall way. I have never been seen at that clinic. But it is there.

Comment

I had an issue with our new insurance aswell. (boy my new insurance sure has alot of "lop holes"!!) But I told director of my local hospital that I was very sorry, but that I was not independantly wealthy at all. I had 2 lil girls that need my care, and no other family to go to for help. Next thing you know my appointments continued and Insurance company / hospital both say "Dont worry about it". Hospital files claim as though BCBS were a patricipating insurer, and BCBS would pay as thou hospital were in network. Long story short... just get a dicrector on the phone and be honest. "I'm sorry but I need help." who knows?

Now if only I could get them to see that I need bio-feedback!! jk, sorta.. im happy I can live and be active. That will have to do.

Speaking of health care... Anyone else getting odd television advertisments from American Medical Association reguarding Insurance laws?

Comment

Working...
          X