Reducing the hump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing the hump?

I'm tired of this hump on my back, is there any way to reduce its size or hide it without having to wear baggy clothes?

You've already had surgery, right? what were your curves before and after surgery? Did the hump get a little better after surgery?

Comment

Hi Christmas...

There's a procedure called a thoracoplasty. Here's some information on the procedure:

http://www.iscoliosis.com/treatment-...racoplasty.htm

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda

Linda
        That link doesnt work....atleast on my computer!

Comment

Bizarre. Try this:

http://www.iscoliosis.com/treatment-...acoplasty.html

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.iscoliosis.com, and type THORACOPLASTY in the search box in the upper right-hand corner.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Sounds smashing, thanks.

Comment

Well, If you've already had your surgery then you should've asked your surgeons to reduce the hump on your back. Try standing up straight or just wear your clothes like you usually would. I had this huge hump on my shoulder blade and people didn't even notice.

If you haven't or are planning to have surgery, you could ask your surgeon to perform the reducing of the hump. They have a special way of moving that I think I'm not sure how but I know they can. However, it hurts more and there's a few risks to it.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
              I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Comment

I am going to the doc on Friday and that is one of the main questions I want to ask him. I was disappointed after my surgery it wasn't gone, and now it bothers me when I sit in hard backed chairs. I'll keep you posted on what the doc says.
                Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
                Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

Working...
                X