Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me about ASCO

Hi,

I have been doing some research into alternative scoliosis treatment and ASCO has cropped up several times. I'd like to hear from anybody who has any views on ASCO - does it work, are they quacks? I'd especially like to hear from people that have undergone ASCO treatment as I am thinking of traveling to the US (from the UK)this summer for the treatment.

Thanks
    K

K....

Click on the Search link above and type ASCO in the box and click GO. :-)

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I did try that, a few people had said they were undergoing the treatment or were about to begin the treatment but nobody really talked about their experiences whether good or bad. Thats what I'd really like to know about, I am hoping to begin the treatment this summer but I am based in the UK so NJ is a long way to go if the treatment isn't effective.

Comment

What is ASCO please?

Comment

Personal Experience With Asco

My daughter is 12 years old and had a curve of 11 thoracic and 15 lumbar. I took her to the ASCO treatment with Dr. Formisano in Chester, NJ. She did it diligently and also did her home exercises. After 6 weeks, her curve decreased to 8 thoracic and 8 lumbar. That is a big difference. In my estimation, the therapy was very successful and took her out of the bracing category for the time being. She is following up with her exercises. I would highly recommend it and thank G-d that something alternative is available. She also got much stronger and her posture improved.

Comment

Working...
          X