Pneumex, Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumex, Inc.

Has anyone ever heard of this treatment (or Dr. John Cintineo) or tried it?

Hi Carol...

There have been other posts on this topic. To view them, click on the Search link above, then enter PNEUMEX in the box and click GO.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Carol,

I saw Dr. Cintineo and tried the beginnings of Pneumex. I'd be happy to PM or email about it - I'm in transit right now but will be on and off here and email in the next week. I wanted to try Pneumex but ended up not being able to travel 3 hours each way for it regularly enough (I was in Philly).

Best wishes, Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

pneumex

They say they treat adults, any feedback??

Comment

Pneumex

I spoke to three Pneumex practitioners in different parts of the country, and they all said they had experienced surprisingly good results with the treatment, if it could be done twice a week for a long period of time - for a curve my size they all warned me it would probably take 9 months or more at the very least. Two of the people I communicated with were physical therapists and one was a chiropractor. I did a couple of preliminary sessions, which consisted of walking for only about 10 minutes forwards, sideways and backwards on a treadmill while being pulled up in a harness across my ribcage (a bit like traction; you can see pictures of this process on the Pneumex website). After the sessions I always felt like I had gained some height and strength, but it was impossible for me to "verify" and I had to stop because I couldn't continue to travel such the three-hour one-way trip for the treatments.

I was predicted by all three separate practitioners that if my curves were originally around 40/30, I would end up after the treatment with around 30/20 (a much greater proportional improvement on the lesser curve). They also said that in their experience Pneumex worked better and faster for smaller curves; by the time you got to around 40 things were much more difficult.

I'm personally not sure what would have happened in my case if I had been able to continue the treatment. (It's my belief that it would probably help my pain and that there's a chance it would possibly slow progression. I discussed Pneumex with a rehab and pain management expert and she surprised me by saying she thought the treatment would prevent progression if it was kept up continuously.) Whatever the truth, if I ever had a teenager who developed scoliosis I would make great efforts to get them in this treatment if their scoliosis was diagonsed early. It seemed to me - obviously, not an expert!! - that in some cases it could at least be effective in controlling initial progression.

Hope this helps! ~Laura
          30y/o
          Upper curve around 55
          Lower curve around 35

Comment

Working...
          X