is it supposed 2 hurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it supposed 2 hurt?

My brace hurts REALLY bad on my ribcage. It feels like two marbles (weird, I know) are digging into my skin. I even cried the first time my mom tightned it that much. They already adjusted my brace (I wear a boston brace). Is it supposed to hurt that much?

Any info is extremely appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx lots 4 reading
    Janet*

Your Brace

Your brace shouldn't hurt at all. There will be discomforts that you can get use to, but not pain. If you loosen it and it still hurts there is definitely something not right. I would definitely call your dr and tell him that it hurts. Maybe they need to adjust it again. Good luck!

Angel

Comment

hey, i havnt gotten my brace yet, but the doc, told me it isnt supposed 2 hurt, and if it does then it doesnt fit u correctly, i'd tell your doc about your pain, maybe he can do something
      ~Liz Hanson

Comment

I´ve worn my brace for 9 months and I´ve gotten used to it. Of course, there are still discomforts that are always going to bother me. like on my hip, the brace rubs againest it and makes a big dark spot on it. Sometimes it really hurts but I guess I´ve just gotten used to it.
        Fairylvr

Comment

How long have you had the brace for? Maybe you've grown out of it. Try moving it up and down for a better fit.
          Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
          L2 to T4
          Braced for 4 years
          Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
          X