Here in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here in Houston

It's me again, anyone from Houston? We are currently seeing Dr.Gary Brock, @ the Fondren Orthopedic Group, who spec. in pediatric orthopedic surgery, scoliosis and pediatric spinal deformity. Has anyone heard of or seen him? Anyone know any other spec. they can refer? Riley has severe scoliosis from front to back & side to side. Due to be cast possibly on May 17th at 15 mo.Thanks
    megangilbride1@yahoo.com[/email]
    Last edited by megan gilbride; 05-06-2005, 10:25 PM.

have you checked out a shriners hospital??? it is a wonderful hospital everything is free. there are hospitals all over the united states and they will help pay your way to the appointments if needed. my daughter was born with scoliosis. she has an 82 degree curve. shriners specializes in scoliosis. it wouldn't hurt to check them out. you can go to thier web sight. try www.shriners.com or www.shrinershospital.com i think. good luck

Comment

I also suggest Scottish Rite in Dallas. It is very similar to the Shriner's deal. I don't remember my doctor's name and don't know if he is still there...but I can find out if you are interested. I have been told that his work is very good and that he was a pioneer in the newest developments of the harrington rod.
      Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
      Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

Hello new here

My 3 yr old son has scoliosis.he was diagnosed at 12 months he is in a brace ,I am so new to all this.He wears the brace 23 hours a day.And seems to be helping.He has a 42 degree curvature.No fusion sugested yet.It hasn't progressed but hasn't worsened.his rassr grade is 2 .
        The thing is lately he seems to be in so much more pain.I am atributing it to growing and now he is more active in pre school.He was givin pain medication some tylenol exa strength but I am leary on giving him anything .I was wondering are any of your children on medication if so which kind and how much is dosage?

thankyou
        B

Comment

B - I'm on Naproxen currently, two times a day, 375 mg. It hasn't helped me at all yet, so the doctor may prescribe something stronger when I see him again in two weeks. Another thing to try is physical therapy if you don't like the RX method. I do PT and it's pretty nice, I notice an increase in my pain if I don't do my exercises daily. Massage therapy also helps some people too. Others find relief from a chiropractor (keep in mind that chiropractors canNOT decrease curvature, only help pain). There are many options out there for your child
          I'm Karin. I had surgery for my scoliosis on October 13, 2005, and am doing well! I formerly wore a providence brace and did PT for treatment.

Comment

Working...
          X