Dr. Rick McCarthy, Little Rock, AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Rick McCarthy, Little Rock, AR

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Rick McCarthy, a Little Rock, Arkansas Surgeon? He was on a recent Discovery Channel "Extreme Surgery" show. Our local ortho has recommended him for our 14 year old son recently diagnosed with a 40 degree thoracic curve.

Thanks.

Originally posted by NancyHamm
    Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Rick McCarthy, a Little Rock, Arkansas Surgeon? He was on a recent Discovery Channel "Extreme Surgery" show. Our local ortho has recommended him for our 14 year old son recently diagnosed with a 40 degree thoracic curve.

Thanks.

Did you ever meet with Dr. McCarthy? If so, how was the experience? He is now our daughter's doctor and is wanting to do surgery on her.

Thank you,
    Denise

Comment

This posting seems a little late, as the last post was Aug. 2006. But, I wanted to let you know that I was about 13 or 14 when I had my surgery. I had the herrington rods placed into my back. Dr. Richard McCarthy did the surgery. He is wonderful. I can't say enough about him and his staff. They knew I was a scared little girl who didn't want the surgery and they did all they could to make me feel better about what I was going through. I would recommend him to anyone. And, now as my daughter starts going through physicals and such related to school athletics, (they diagnosed mine at a track physical in high school), I make sure that the school nurse notifies me of the results as soon as she's tested so if anything is found I can get an appointment with him aSAP. I know that's silly, but I wouldn't even think of seeing anyone else. When I was diagnosed my parents took me to AR Children's Hospital and the dr. there was anything but pleasant. He terrified me so much that I couldn't sleep for several days. My parents did some research and a family friend, who happend to be an orthopediac surgeon with a different specialty recommended Dr. McCarthy. He was wonderful. Again, I can't say enough about him.

Comment

Working...
      X