Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of curve?

A question for you.

If a curve is measured between T-6 and T-12 at 45 degrees and the lower curve in the lumbar region is the same size. What type of curve would this be classified as thoracolumbar or double major curve? Why would a person looked balanced?

Becky

Becky,
    I consider mine to be double-major. Both of my curves were identical in size and I think that I looked balanced because there were two of them and they ended up balancing each other out because one curvd one way and the other curved the opposite way...allowing for each to compensate for the other. Hope that helps!

Comment

Hi Becky...

If I understand you correctly, and you have an S curve, you would have a double major curve. A thoracolumbar curve is a C curve that starts in the thoracic area and ends in the lumbar area.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine
        Hi Becky...

If I understand you correctly, and you have an S curve, you would have a double major curve. A thoracolumbar curve is a C curve that starts in the thoracic area and ends in the lumbar area.

Regards,
        Linda
        A Thoracolumbar curve just means the location of the curve. So someone with a thoracolumbar curve might have an S curve. That information alone doesn't give you the number of curves one has. Same goes for cervicothoracic, throracic.. lumbar..ect.
        Last edited by green m&m; 04-22-2005, 11:35 PM.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Hi...

Green is correct. I have a tendency to think of people with small curves above or below their main curve, as having multiple C curves. (That's totally incorrect, but the first person I ever knew who had scoliosis had a large thoracic curve and a small lumbar curve. She always told people that she had a C curve for some reason.)

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
          Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
          X