Numb for how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numb for how long?

I was operated on two and a half weeks ago, and I still can't feel most of the right side surface on my back. I'm wondering how common this is and how long it will last. One woman told me she was numb for almost 6 months, so that's what I expect for myself.

i think it would be different for each person. i had surgery going on 5 years march 3rd, and the majority of the center of my back is fairly numb still. i doubt ill ever have full feeling in certain areas of my back, but i think that may be a good thing. other then the few select spots in the spine area i have full feeling in my back-however that doesnt mean i like being touched back there and everyone who knows me knows to go easy with hugs

Comment

i had my surgery oct 6(2003) and i dont have any numbness anymore. were you cut down the spine or your side though? because i was cut around my side, so that may be why. but i think it probably depends on the surgery and the person. email me if you have any questions!!
      ellen
      beachblonde04@yahoo.com
      much <3
      ~*ellen*

curves before and after surgery*oct6 03*
      before--51 and 21
      after--15 and 14

Comment

I had my surgery done 17 years ago and I still have numbness along my scar. It feels gross but really has no impact on my life!

Comment

i had my surgery done when i was 12 on my 12th birthday and nar im 16 and ma back is still numb!!! so i dont no ow long u shud expect it for!!! anyway i jus wantd to kno as enyone elses nerves gone durin operation and so they have to keep their back like it was or u wudv b paralysed or is it jus me???

Comment

i had my surgey over a year ago and my back is still somewhat numb its like i can feel it but i can't kinda thing my doctor said my nerves will come back slowly over the next couple years my moms a cna shes says that nerves only grow like 1 centimeter a year so it could take a while
            ~Shannon~
            Surgery: May 25th 2005! Woot!
            13 months Post-op
            E-mail me!:
            starchild_81212@yahoo.com or Star_child_81212@msn.com

Comment

Working...
            X