Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have babinski feet or Cafe Au Lait birthmark???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have babinski feet or Cafe Au Lait birthmark???

Just like the title says

I don't know why but my feet and fingers seem so flexible and sometimes my toes will curl up. As well, my fingers can be bent up and can do the thumb to arm trick.

Then there's this cafe au lait birthmark. It's like circle and brown. I have like 1 in forearm and 1 near hip on the backside.

All these the doctor say are normal and is relating to nervous system.
    Just curious if anyone has it

Hi Justin,

It's funny you brought up both issues. Although my daughters and I can all do the same thing with our feet as you, I'm not sure it is related to Scoliosis or not. Only one daughter has Scoliosis. Jamie's, my daughter with Scoliosis, toes tend to crack all the time. Does yours?

As for the brown patches, she too has them, though not as dark as yours. Her spots are around her neck area and when she saw her orthopedic doctor for the first time, he really questioned us about them. In his report, he mentioned Neufibromatosis (?). I'm guessing that Scoliosis and Neufibromatosis may be connected. She is seeing a Neurologist in June to rule out a condition that runs in our family. I'll be sure to ask him about the spots as well.

Mary Lou

Comment

No, not my toes.. but my back and kneecap has cracked before.
      It is like that the joints are out of alignment and the body is putting it back where its suppose to belong.

oh shoot, Neurofibromatosis, some site on internet says if you have more then 6 spot it leads to like malignant tumours???(cancer)??? goodthing i only have 2. well mine are like the size of penny, that picture i attached were just samples by others. goodluck to u in ur apptment.

Comment

My Braydon does not have these issues, but he does have something that is odd (at least I thought it odd at the time). When Braydon was born, he had a hairy, dimple on the left side of his left knee cap. I happened to be at a dermatologist's office one day (for a different reason) and asked the doc if I should be concerned about this hairy, dimpled patch on Braydon's knee. He looked at it and said, "oh, that's common with people who have orthopedic issues." I said, "let me tell you about ortho issues!" - LOL. He also said it was purely cosmetic and nothing to worry about. Braydon has multiple bone structure issues, including his spine, ribs, right leg and foot. Interesting, but not too important, I'm sure.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Lots of people just have hypermobile joints. All my joints are flexible too.

As for the CAL spots, it's common for people to have one or two. I wouldn't worry about those.

I actually have neurofibromatosis and no, it's not cancerous the tumors turn cancerous in 3% of the cases.
          30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
          2005 - T50, L31
          bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
          2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
          Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
          X