what to do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do now

I had a Harrington rod removed from my back in June 2004. Ever since then, I've continued to live in almost constant pain, and now my shoulders have started to slope. They have become uneven. I went to see a new Dr. today the 30th of Mar. He said there is really nothing he could do due to the possible complications and the dangers of the surgery. The Dr. gave me a couple of names of Dr's. Their names are, Larry Lanke and Keith Bridwell out of St Louis MO. If anybody knows of these Drs, let me know what you think of these Drs. This Dr I saw said that they were pretty good Drs and are highly recommended. I'm just wondering if it would be worth my drive from Ok to St Louis Mo.

Dr. Bridwell is doing my revision surgery on April 26th and May 3rd. All I have heard on this board is wonderful things about him and Dr. Lenke. The last 2 times I have been at their office we have met people from out of town. I mean several people that have traveled hours to see these physicians. Good Luck!

Comment

I am seeing Dr. Bridwell and will be scheduling my scoliosis surgery between October and January. I'm 56 and this will be an initial scoliosis surgery.

They are both at Barnes Hospital and are Washington University medical school doctors. They are wonderful. I live in St. Louis and work at Wash. U. so going to them was a "no brainer." However, as Sydney said, many do travel from FAR distances to go to them.

The waiting room is always packed but people don't seem to mind the wait to see the best.

Good luck.

Lynn

Comment

Thanks to the both of you. I am just a little nervous about having a
        surgery that could end up hurting me in the long run. What the Dr said is
        that it could paralyze me and that really scares me. But I guess any
        surgery on the spine is risky.

Comment

Dr. Bridwell is wonderful in explaining the pros and the cons of surgery. He does not want to rush into surgery, but wants the patient to make an informed choice.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
          X