Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice, please tell me your thoughts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice, please tell me your thoughts.....

I've been trying to get insurance in place to get surgery from Dr. Hey from the Hey Clinic in Raleigh, NC. I am on disability but do not have Medicare until Feb. on 2019, and only have Medicaid right now. Now that I've fought to get that Medicaid I have found out that the Hey Clinic only excepts Medicaid as a primary for under 21 year olds. I was not clear on the under 21 rule until of recent. So now I have to either figure out how to get a primary insurance plan to bump the Medicaid to a secondary insurance (All while being disabled which limits who will insure me) or find a different surgeon that takes Medicaid as a primary.
    I worry that waiting for another year for Medicare to kick in lets things get worse and I don't know what damage that could present.
    I was feeling very secure with my decision to go to Dr. Hey so it is not easy to change that plan in my head.
    I have read a lot about Dr. Karikari out of Duke in Raleigh/Durham, NC. He is a Neurosurgeon that focuses on scoliosis and spinal correction surgery. He has been mentored by DR. Lawrence Lenke and also Dr. Allan H. Friedman (who operated on and saved my daughter's life 5 years ago when she had stage 4 brain cancer). I know from reading that the success of this procedure depends on the surgeon. So I do not want to settle for anything and end up suffering worse than I am now.
    Please tell me your thoughts on this situation~
    Jenson

56 Years old and awaiting spinal correction surgery-

I have a double curve that is buckling in the middle and getting worse due to degenerative disc disease, facet arthritis and osteoarthritis.
    T4-11 is 50 degrees, T11-L3 is 78 degrees. L4-5 laterolisthesis 8mm, trunk buckling 2.4 cm.

Insurance

I'm going through a similar situation. The insurance I have as primary doesn't pay very well even with Medicare as my secondary . Dr Lenke won't even see me because of my insurance . I agree that the success of these surgeries depends a lot on the surgeon you use . I'm very frustrated . I don't want to have surgery and be worse .

Comment

Working...
    X