Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2 tumor resection done woo

Hey all,

I've made few posts before about a tumor that was compressing and displacing my cord at C2. Finally had resection after failing a drug trial (the little turd grew while on chemo...) on the 25th.

Resection went without any issues, surgeons got everything and I got discharged after only one night stay. Kinda shocking compared to 8 day stay after fusion. I knew I had to poo so I made myself eat more than I did after fusion.

In honesty I'd have stayed one more night just to have the adjustable bed to help me sleep reclined vs. Flat but I sped up my discharge to a degree due to difficult roommate situation. Surgery was at Memorial sloan kettering cancer center and roommates seemed to be terminal. Roommate herself was ok she couldn't help the restlessness/agitation but my... her friends and family had no clue! One left her alone, agitated jumping out of bed to get a nurse instead of using the call button. Yelled at the nurse that he knew what he was doing bc hes a doctor when she asked to please stay with the pt and use the call button. I thought I was going to see the rommate fall and get a head injury. Bunch of other stuff I witnessed made me realize a huge friend/flamily drama was about to occur with the roommate suffering horribly while everyone held their own adgenda ahead of her needs.

There were no other open beds left so room transfer was not an option. had them give me glycerin suppository, deposited a nice pile of poo in the toilet and got myself discharged...

Interesting experience for sure... everyone that cared for me were fantasstic. And shockingly MSKCC has really good food. No kidding like a decent restaurant quality and better than some. No handsome male nurses at MSKCC.... there were a bunch at HSS...
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

Green, You must be relieved....wow! I hope there isn’t too much pain....

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
      Green, You must be relieved....wow! I hope there isn’t too much pain....

Ed
      You know, after fusion surgery this one is a breeze, comparatively speaking...
      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
      2005 - T50, L31
      bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
      2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
      Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Glad all went well
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011