Acne on scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne on scar

Hey everyone I have a question at might be a bit nasty. Has anyone ever got plain old pimples on the scars. I have one on tip top of my scar and it really annoying
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

Kara,
    THAT is a good question! The same bacteria that causes acne is the #1 cause of infections in people with fusions according to what I've read. It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor and ask. If the pimple is superficial, I probably wouldn't worry about it. But if it's deep or a big and annoying one that doesn't heal I would definitely call. I know it's been years for you, but you don't want to take any chances. Linda will correct me I'm sure if she thinks I'm being overly cautious. But what does a phone call hurt?

I have other incision scars and never get pimples on them because the scar tissue doesn't have pores like normal skin. When I get a pimple really close to a scar, it's always an ingrown hair. If yours is at the tip of your scar, it could be just really close to the scar where there is a pore. Unfortunately, backs are one of the areas most prone to pimples. :-(

I hope it heals uneventfully.

Best,
    Rohrer
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
    X