Going for Diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for Diagnosis

Hi all, I am brand new here. I went to an emergency clinic last night for severe back pains. The Physicians Assistant noticed that one shoulder was substantially lower than the other. Also my spine curves in two seperate places. One to the left and then to the right. I am going for x-rays to determine the problem. She thinks that it is Scoliosis. My question is, is this a normal type of the disease? Or is it usually the type that causes a hump? I have no familiarty with the disease other than what I have been reading here today. Any info that you have on what to expect or general information would be appreciated as I'm a little over-whelmed right now with having just found this all out.

Thank You

the type with the hump is called Kyphoscoliosis, it's a combination of Kyphosis and Scoliosis. We're supposed to bend forward a little at the top, but sometimes Mother Nature goes overboard :-)

Left lumbar (lower torso) and right thoracic (upper torso) is the most common form of curvature from what I've read.

Let us know what you find out at the Dr. - Good luck!
    Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
    Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
    fusion T5-L3
    Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

Working...
    X