What should I bring to the hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I bring to the hospital?

I'm having surgery tomorrow! They are fusing T3-L1 for an 80 degrees kyphoscoliosis. I'm just wondering what kind of things everybody brought to the hospital to keep them comfortable.

Thanks,

Jen

I brought a toothbrush, change of clothes to go home in, two body pillows, slippers, chapstick and lotion, and a couple cuddly stuffed animals...

The chapstick and lotion are especially nice...
    Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
    Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
    Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
    Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
    February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
    September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

Hi Jen...

You can find some good tips on one of my web pages:

http://www.scoliosislinks.com/PreparingforSurgery.htm

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Jen,

I hope all went well with your surgery.

As the Mom of a 13 y.o. daughter with Kyphoscoliosis, I would love to hear exactly what they did in regards to your surgery. Jamie had her surgery 2 1/2 months ago and unlike some kids who've had a rib remove or a bone graft from their hip, Jamie didn't have either one. They did osteotomies (sp?) on her and used that bone plus some synthetic bone to fuse her spine. Your fusion level and Jamie's are also about the same-hers is from T-3-L-2. It is very seldom that you find someone who has Kyphoscoliosis so I would be very intersted in sharing/swapping stories with you.

Jamie is doing great by the way!

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
        X