cause? pregnancy and childbirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cause? pregnancy and childbirth

I started noticing my hips being uneven after having my first child. I finally asked my doctor about it and was diagnosed with scoliosis when my daughter was about 2. I was wondering if anyone else's problems started after having having a baby. My chiropractor asked did I tend to carry her on one hip more than the other and I did. He thinks I may have always had a very slight case which is why it was more comfortable to carry her on one side than the other. But while I was in labor, she was facing my back and the attending nurse was rubbing my back to try to turn her around and I wonder if that could have had something to do with it. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Hi, I had my son 6 mos ago and had terrible terrible back pain. I finally went to a chiropractor and when they took X-rays they discovered that my pelvis was out of alignment. He said that you produce a lot of relaxin (hormone) while pg and sometimes that can cause misalignments. I was also told at that time that I had scoliosis. It must be pretty minor though since he never said much else about it to me. I still have back pain, but not severe like before I started getting adjusted. I never completed all of the adjustments, so I am sure that is why I still have some pain.

Comment

Working...
    X