Be careful what you say about your doctor on the blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful what you say about your doctor on the blog

I was looking on GOOGLE for a lecture given by my surgeon, Dr. Robert Hart. I USED to have his name in my signature, but just erased it. Why? Well on GOOGLE under his name were 3 of my posts on this blog where I mentioned him. Boy, was I surprised!!!! Fortunately all were very general and described my questions, with no comments about his care, which I think is very good. Just sayin', think about what you say about a doctor as you might find your comments on page 1 of a GOOGLE search under your surgeons name!
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Originally posted by susancook View Post
    I was looking on GOOGLE for a lecture given by my surgeon, Dr. Robert Hart. I USED to have his name in my signature, but just erased it. Why? Well on GOOGLE under his name were 3 of my posts on this blog where I mentioned him. Boy, was I surprised!!!! Fortunately all were very general and described my questions, with no comments about his care, which I think is very good. Just sayin', think about what you say about a doctor as you might find your comments on page 1 of a GOOGLE search under your surgeons name!
    Susan
    Hi Susan, Thanks for the tip on the Google thing. Yeah, that would kinda be a bit of a surprise to see your post! I've been wanting to thank-you for the card you sent and let you know how I appreciated it. I have been so slow this summer. It doesn't help we have had a terribly hot summer. My surgery is Feb. 11th(a week earlier). I told them to please call ~~~that we're available at any time. My ribs grind on my pelvic bone ! And I am on pain meds that most people are on after surgery. That worries me. As tolerance can be a problem, unless there's a real good pain team at the hospital. Listen to me ramble on~~~sorry! Stay in touch. Linda
    Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
    Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
    This started adult onset scoliosis
    July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
    Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
    Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
    May 30th 2013 revision
    May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
    May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger
      If it makes you feel any better, the first post for "Robert Hart scoliosis" is mine praising his video talk and honesty, but suggesting that he needs to comb his hair
      LOL

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by hdugger
        If it makes you feel any better, the first post for "Robert Hart scoliosis" is mine praising his video talk and honesty, but suggesting that he needs to comb his hair
        I agree about the hair thing, that's maybe a NW thing. He wears jeans and an Oxford shirt to clinic, so he does have a relaxed style.

Just saying that your doctor and lots of others can read your posts. I knew that our blog was public and I would say anything that I said here to my doctors...just on the first page of Google was pretty amazing!

Susan
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
        X