Hospital Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Ratings

I know that choosing a good hospital is as important as choosing a good surgeon. I found this website that rates hospitals and you can find ratings specific to spinal fusion.

http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital...260032#Ratings

I wonder if this is a trustworthy source and if not, can someone direct me to a place with reliable information about hospital care, complication rates etc? Thank you!
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Unfortunately, you'll never find a hospital rating that really works in terms of complex spine surgery. Hospitals that only do minor spine procedures have better ratings because there are fewer complications. I would personally put a lot more trust into a specific surgeon, and then assume that the hospital care is on par with the other hospitals in which similar procedures are done.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X