the risks of surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the risks of surgery

This message is mostly for Dixie who has voiced her concern about sending her 14 dtr to surgery to correct only 20% of her curve. I don't know what happen to my earlier message to you, but I'll write it again because I feel very strongly about this subject. First of all, it doesn't sound like your surgeon has very good bedside manners, secondly, the fact that you feel uncomfortable with the situation is because "someone" is trying to tell you something... and thirdly, going through the risk of a surgery for a 20% correction is hardly worthwhile in my opinion. My dtr just had her spinal fusion 3 1/2 wks ago and although she is a healthy 21 yr old young woman, she nearly died after her surgery d/t very serious cardio-pulmonary complications. There is a high risk for mortality or morbidity in every surgery...Just being a patient in a hospital increases your chances d/t the human error factor or negligence. I say check on alternatives to surgery, but if you decide in favor of it, please find someone you can fully trust and will treat you like the intelligent professional you are (I myself am an Rn). Stay with your dtr the whole time, keep a log of every thing and everybody's actions (and let the staff know you're doing it!). Hadn't I done this my dtr wouldn't had survived her post-op complications. Good luck to you all.
Working...
X