OTC pain medications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTC pain medications

I am wondering about which over the counter pain meds work best with back pain.
    I have heard there are downsides with longerterm use..ie tylenols,asperin,aleves,motrins.. etc..
    Anyone have any feedback one any?
    I do NOT want to take any prescription drugs unless the pain gets so bad
    THX

More power to you if OTC meds work! I have not gound any relief what so ever with them. Though Alieve long term can really hurt your stomach and thin your blood, but what med doesn't do that? LOL! I've heard Tylenol is the safest.

Comment

Everyone has unique experiences with pain control medications. I find that ibuprofen (Motrin) works very well for me, whereas aspirin, Tylenol, and almost all prescription narcotics do nothing for me whatsoever. You need to experiment to find the drug that works best for you. But you may also find that none are effective at controlling your pain.

All pain medications can have harmful effects in large doses and/or if taken for prolonged periods of time. If you're going to be taken lots of them or for a long time, you should have an honest talk with your doctor about possible side effects or complications.

Dave

Comment

Pain

I have noticed increasing back pain since being more stationary during the day. It sounds strange - but for me going for a walk/run/ride/swim/yoga (anything) really helps- that and doing lots of situps - quite amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X