pain relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain relief

Since i was 12 i knew that there was something wrong, as my right hip protruded a lot. I told my mother about it but was dismissed & told how beautiful i was, since then i've told numerus doctors & been dismissed as having bad posture & told to sit up straight finally after a whiplash injury in may my physiotherapist examined my back and agreed that one leg was 2 inches shorter & my right shoulder had come away fron my ribcage. I am now having my shoes built up & have had an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon, i had x-rays & was shocked to see just how bad the curve was. i'm in constant pain & i have an intolerance to codiene, i've tried naproxin which doesn't work & i've been prescribed amitriptyline 10-30mg but i'm nervous to take the antidepressants & i can't wake up in the morning for my daughter for school so i've stopped taking them, it's a stronger pain killer i need but my doctor's are very reluctant to give them to me.The thought of a lifetime of pain & physical deformity is depressing!!

amitripylene

causes me to be over tired during the daytime also. I try taking it a little earlier like few hours before I go to bed which seems to make it little better next day. My pharmacist says that it may do that for the first couple weeks ,but then it shouldn't any more.
    Weighing out being in constant pain or taking a pain med which you don't want to do either can be difficult,but I believe it is more so not good for you over all to live in constant pain than to not take meds and get some relief.
    I don't believe any more what Doctors say to be gospel and many don't seem to care and others seem to not know or understand.Its hard to describe to some one exactly how you physically feel.My arsenal I have for when pain gets real bad are ice,and if that doesn't help and still in bad pain,I take percocet,which is the best pain fighter I have found so far.

Comment

Thanks for the advice & your time and effort, i didn't think i'd get a reply it been so late, it's taking me a while to get the hang of this! It's nice to be able to talk to someone who literally understands, i'm only just learning about scoliosis & was so shocked to see the x-rays that i didn't find out what degree of an angle it is or whether it's a single curve or an S curve. I have another appointment in 2 months time so i'm going to prepare a list of questions next time, any help in that department would be appreciated, also i've been measured for a corset thingy, a brace maybe i don't know, i'm looking forward to that, that should give me some ease & your right about taking the amitriptyline i'll try it earlier in the night

Comment

electric

I sent you an email.I tried to reply to your private message ,but kept having problems and it wouldn't send.

Comment

Working...
        X