No announcement yet.

help required for university research!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help required for university research!

Hi

I am a final year university student from Southampton, U.K undertaking dissertation research on scoliosis, which i have recently finished brace treatment for.

My thesis is based on the osteological, medical and archaeological expressions of the condition, and as yet i am unsure where these findings will lead.

One theory is to research whether scoliosis and other back conditions can ultimately be attributed to human evoltionary anatomy, such as the progression to bipedalism. In addition, sexual dimorphism and subsequent changes to the female pelvic girdle as a possible reasoning for the higher occurence of scoliosis in women.

I would much appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me, and any documents regarding archaeological sites where skeletal remains with scoliosis have been found.

Thankyou and looking forward to any replies!

Laura

I recall reading that suits of armour with alterations made for knights with scoliosis have been found. I think that it was in Bradford et al (1997) Moe's Textbook of Scoliosis and Other Spinal Deformities (but I'm not 100% sure)

Comment

Working...
    X