Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have a *hemi* thoracic vertebrae?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have a *hemi* thoracic vertebrae?

I am considering surgery (70 degree curve and thoracic hemi vertebrae). Any feedback about similar situations would be greatly appreciated. I am scheduling some surgical consults for next month so I will see what the doctors recommend.

Thank you!

Originally posted by wendy g. View Post
    I am considering surgery (70 degree curve and thoracic hemi vertebrae). Any feedback about similar situations would be greatly appreciated. I am scheduling some surgical consults for next month so I will see what the doctors recommend.

Thank you!
    Hi Wendy,
    I was told that I had a hemi veterbrae too by a doctor who was not that knowledgeable and he made me think I have congenital scoliosis, which I don't. Later I was told by a scoliosis surgeon (also considering surgery) that veterbrae are commonly worn down by the scoliotic spine. Don't know which your "hemi verterbrae is, but thought this might be helpful. Good luck checking it out.
    Lisa
    60 degree thorocolumbar curve beginning at T12
    58 years old

Comment

Hello Wendy,

Mine was actully discovered during my surgery, my surgeon was quite surprised while he was perfoming the surgery, I would have to read over my surgeons report again to see exactly what he reported about it, I believe my scoliosis is of the congenital kind.
      Dolores A
      June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
      June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
      Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
      NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

Working...
      X