PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Kansas Joint and Spine Institute?

heatherf
09-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I have been referred there for further help for my congenital scoliosis and am unfamiliar with them. Any info would be appreciated!

RitaR
09-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Where are they located? I'm in Topeka, KS but not familiar with that group. I initially went to Kansas Orthopedics and Sports Medicine as they were the group I had worked for years ago and had one of their doctors do my knee surgeries (softball!) so that was where I started my journey and he is the one who told me not to go to anyone other than St. Louis. It was certainly very good advice.

heatherf
10-01-2011, 07:42 PM
It is in Wichita, and I was referred to a Dr. Adams there. It sounds like it's very comprehension, has sports medicine, specializes in spinal disorders, and other things. I originally went to KUMC to Dr. Asher for congenital scoliosis, who was absolutely awesome, but I am looking elsewhere because I am unhappy with the help I've received from my new dr. there. Unfortunately though most of what I need cannot be done somewhere that specializes in sports medicine or I would definitely seek closer to home. Glad you had good results in St. Louis!