hyperventalating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyperventalating

I was diagnosed with scoliosis in the 80's. It was not bad enough to require surgery, but I used a scolitron and did some physical therapy. We did not have insurance and eventually my mom quit taking me to the appointments. Later on in high school I started experiencing some stiffness and numbness in my arms and would feel a little lightheaded. Now as an adult it has become more painful, especially when I am physically working or doing house work. I have started having difficulty breathing which results in hyperventalation. This was happening 4-5 days per week. A local physician thought it was allergies, but medication doesn't help. I started seeing a chiropractor for regular adjustments and it seems to help but I keep having to go back when symptoms reoccure. I start experiencing stiffness and numbness in my hands and arms...that's how it starts and eventually I hyperventalate which lasts about an hour from start to finish and I experience full body muscle cramps. Could this be from my scoliosis? Am I stuck going to a chiropractor for the rest of my life in order to breathe? Does anyone have any answers for me?
    hypermom

hypermom,
    I think you should get an opinion from an MD!!
    It sounds like your scoliosis may be affecting other organs.
    Any numbness or breathing abnormalities would raise a flag to anyone I would think.
    Don't give up untill you have some answers.
    Let us know what you found out! Kay
    now 16 yr old daughter
    with worsen 65 degree upper curve
    surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

Working...
    X