Organ damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organ damage

i went to my docs today and it turns out i have damage to my heart, lungs, stomach, liver and kidneys and it's quite severe. i was put on more medication to help my organs stay healthy until my surgery day. i'll keep you all posted.

Ginny
    Last edited by dare2care2005; 12-14-2004, 12:32 AM.

I wish you luck that everyhting will be okay Ginny! I will keep you in my prayers!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

dare2care,
      Don't worry (easy to say right)
      I am sure the Drs won't let you organs get the point of danger. If they thought it was getting toooo bad I 'm sure they would move the surgery date up.
      I don't underestimate the seriousness but just want to remind you they always take precautions and may want to see how the drugs help your condition first.
      Keep us posted on your next visit for sure!
      Good luck, mamakay
      now 16 yr old daughter
      with worsen 65 degree upper curve
      surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

My doc wants to see me again in one week, just to see if anything changed. what has him concerned the most is drug interaction. i'm already on medicine for seizures, pain, low blood pressure and ulcers. it took a long time to find drugs that worked together without interactions. i just don't want to end up going any further downhill than i am now. he said i should be fine, but this appointment is just to check on me.

mamakay,
        not worrying is easier said than done.

Ginny
        Last edited by dare2care2005; 12-14-2004, 12:34 AM.

Comment

dare2care,
          I think no one should use the words "don't worry" on our forums.
          I apologize at my limited vocabulary.
          I hated it when people told me that.
          My excuse is that I HAVE BEEN (and still am) worrying over some complicatons of my daughters scoliosis surgery done on Nov 3rd.
          We all feel helpless and are at the mercy of the above and
          dare I say doctors. So please don't believe I think you can not not worry, just know you are being thought and prayed for by all of us knowing the reality of these situations.
          Please let us know how your visit goes w/the Dr. and how about good luck instead! Mamakay
          now 16 yr old daughter
          with worsen 65 degree upper curve
          surgery Nov 3, 04

Comment

worry worry worry

I've had dozens of people (even my dr.) tell me there's absolutely nothing to worry about.....when in reality, there's TONS to worry about. You don't want to think that something will go wrong, but it's always in the back of you mind. Complications can always occur. No matter how safe you are, there's always a chance something can go wrong. We just need to take this one step at a time.

Ginny

Comment

Working...
            X