Congenital Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congenital Scoliosis

Hi! I have congenital scoliosis and I was wondering how you deal with the pain. I have had six surgeries and I am still in a lot of pain. I am fused T2-sacrum and ileum with both SIs fused. I am only 17 and sometimes it seems like the pain will never get better, but I justed wanted to know what it is like for adults to have congen. scoli. I am always looking for new pain relief methods. I have used all traditional forms of pain relief and a lot of homeopathic stuff, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

I have congenital scoliosis

I'm an adult male,38 years old.I have congenital scoliosis. Can email me at
    rlta@hotmail.com
    I don't have a miracle answer for your pain question,but would be interested in knowing more on the specifics of your scoliosis.What was malformed,source of pain,if get pain when sitting,standing or both.

Comment

Hi again

I tried a few times to reply to your private message but was not able to.
      I am sorry to hear of your contstant daily pain. I am 38 years old and first learned I have congenital scoliosis this last spring. Went thru alot this last year. At this point I am told only thing which can be done for me is complete spinal fusion and afterwards I will be disabled and unable to work again.
      I have daily pains.Traction helped me some a while back so I purchased an inversion table:
      http://www.dunhamssports.com/product...entPage=family

This helps me the most.I use it like s times per day. It helps decompress the spine and stretch you out.I have a herniated disc and pinched nerve and this seems to help relieve pressure temporily.I am not sure if you could use this after your surgeries or not,so you should consult your doctor before trying it. I also latley tried acupuncture which gives me some relief but only for that day. Keep us posted on how you are doing,and I wish you best.

Comment

Working...
      X