Results are in and (2/17/05).....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results are in and (2/17/05).....

I went to the docs today and it turns out i need surgery for my curves. they went from about 30 degrees to over 70 degrees in about 5 months. that really scared me. i have to go back for more tests on monday because i may have multiple organ damage. which when i have surgery, will hopefully heal with time. i just don't know how to tell my friends and family(with the exception of my parents because they already know) about it. the docs want the surgery done ASAP. i know normally they would wait 6 months but with me, they don't want ot take chances b/c i already have a few medical problems. i'll fill you all in on my progress!

Ginny

Good Luck Ginny, my prayers are with you.
    Gayle
    Gayle

November 4, 2004, 57 yo
    Instrumented Spinal Fusion ~ T 10 -S1

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that Ginny!That must have really freaked you out! I know how you feel. When I stopped wearing the brace, I didn't expect my curves to go up as fast as the did. When I first got the brace the curves were 55 and 45 degrees. In a month the curves went down to 35 and 44 degrees. I stopped wearing the bracer 1 and a half months before the next appointment and the curves both went up about 20 degrees. 65 and 54 degrees now. I will be praying for you that everything goes well!
      ~*Lauren*~
      Braced for 5 months
      Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
      Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
      Surgery on April 26th 2005
      Fused from T3-L4
      Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

thank you so much. it is just so weird how fast my curves progressed. i think i was told that my curves are 82/79 now. and my neighbor (bless his heart) gave me his wheelchair to use, since i'm having a difficult time walking. whenever i do take a few steps, it hurts. my doc did give me pain meds, but i get sick whenever i take them, so that's no use. anyway, it's going to be a stressful wait, but i'll try to keep my mind on other things.

Ginny
        Last edited by dare2care2005; 12-12-2004, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X