leaning after instruments!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaning after instruments!!

hello ,well my story is.. at age 34 I had instruments put in t4 through L5 and I'm leaning to the left! I started off with a 50degree curve that they said would progress, so I had it done thinking that would be it, now they said they have to go down to my S1, wow I don't like this idea, but I look so funny because I'm leaning forward too!I wish I found this site before my surgery. I was glad to see that I'm not the only one though, I don't come across people that have had this done. Feel free to reply with your "story" especially if this has happened to you, and how surgery's it actually took to get you "straighten" up.
    Last edited by danell34; 11-20-2003, 11:02 AM.

Yes, been there, done that as they say. All worked out well on that operation.

Comment

thanks jean, how long ago did you have to revise your surgery? and how long were you out of "commision"?

Comment

My last surgery was done 8 years ago which completed the fusion from L5 to S1. I was terrified to have it done since it involved going in from both the front and the back. My spine is now completely fused from T5 through S1 with various sorts of hardware. The last surgery was my fifth. On the L5-S1, my doctor used a titanium "cage" to contain the bone where the disc had been and it is solid.

The most difficult part after the surgery was getting used to a new way of standing and walking. I was surprised to find my stride shortened and all the stress of my back transferred to my hip joints. It is a tough surgery to go through with a long recovery but still worth it.

Comment

You also asked how long was I out of commission. I was off work for 3 months and then went back to work part time for two more months before I felt strong enough to handle a full time job. I was pretty exhausted for quite a long time after the surgery.

Comment

thanks for your reply, I hope in a couple years I sound as possitive as you are. It just feels like like such a long recovery, with more surgery's ahead. your outcome sounds incouraging to me so thanks so much for your replies and good luck to you! Danell

Comment

Working...
            X