Cost questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost questions

Does anyone have an estimate of the total cost of surgery ( I know each surgery is different), looking for a ballpark figure. Any chance of a breakdown of hospital and surgeon costs? Thanks to all, this is a wonderful resource

Bend, Oregon is constantly being called the Palm Springs of the Northwest. We are a small town hospital with upscale care-

My bills have just started trickling in from the January surgery...

hospital 192,000, My part, $1200
    Doctor/assistants- 21,000, My part, $1300
    Anesthesia- 5,000, My part, $750

I had no complications, but did stay for 7 days. Just some minor issues. It was for a full fusion, T3 to pelvis, using Titanium and BMP, which is VERY expensive... 139,000 of the 192,000 is for supplies and implants! There are a few little things like xrays, labs, the neurological monitering during surgery, etc., that are billed in addition to the above, but this is the major players. I have a maximum $4,000 annual out-of-pocket expense, so that was a blessing. My copays seem strange, such as more to the doc than to the hospital. It depends on who bills the insurance first. Hope this helps you!!
    Last edited by jeneemohler; 03-10-2011, 09:36 PM.
    Jenee'-52
    Bend, Oregon

Braced 3 years in high school
    Lumbar 70'+ Thoracic 70'+
    I had 3" shrinkage in 6 months...

Surgery Jan 10, 2011
    9 hours
    T3 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Both curves now 35'

Possible revison for Flatback Syndrome
    Non-fusion
    Loose/broken hardware-awaiting CT results

Here is the link to my before and after pics..
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt......&highlight=

Comment

Thanks so much-my fusion will most likely be similar so your costs are a good point of reference

Comment

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...highlight=cost
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X