Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast Pain and Scoliosis?

Again, sorry if it's a stupid question

Is it normal to have some pain around your breasts when you have scoliosis? People, I couldn't do anything effective about my scoliosis in my country that doesn't pay scoliosis patients enough attention. Is this pain a sign that I have to do something? It can be so painful. Bra's make it worse.
    Mona, 21 yo, with scoliosis
    My blog

breast pain, and scoliosis

Hi Sweet Mona,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain...but you have come to the right place. I have idiopathic scoliosis, a thoracic kyphosis, and wedged lumbar 1. I started experiencing pain under by breast (into my ribs)...it was due to the referring nerve pain, from my compressive fractures. That was resolved by a steroid block, that was administered by my neurologist, every 3 months. It really helped the pain. I can no longer get these blocks, as I am now osteo...and steroids, tend to weaken the bones.
    I have never had surgery, but I am considering it now...I would need rods and screws.
    I hope I have been some help, to your question. Anyway...this was my experience with the rib pain, under my breast.

Kootenaygal

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Mona View Post
      Again, sorry if it's a stupid question

Is it normal to have some pain around your breasts when you have scoliosis? People, I couldn't do anything effective about my scoliosis in my country that doesn't pay scoliosis patients enough attention. Is this pain a sign that I have to do something? It can be so painful. Bra's make it worse.
      You know of all the things that I have complained of on this forum, I have never mentioned this. But YES, I do have breast pain, too. I have spent the last several years trying to determine if it is in the breast or in the bone, cartilate under the breast. I've described it to my doctors as pain in my sternum, as it does hurt in my sternum at times and radiates into the breast. Sometimes I can even feel what feels like a dislocated rib there, but if I remember my anatomy correctly, I thought it was cartilage there.??? So I don't know. But it hurts quite badly at times, but not so much as of late. I absolutely do have pain under my breast on the left where my ribs sink in. I'm not that well endowed (sorry TMI) so I know it is rib pain there for sure.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

breast pain and scoliosis

I'm glad you brought up this topic. I recently ended up in ER, in the middle of the night. Pain, in my sternum woke my up....terrible pressure, in my sternum, discomfort went under my left breast, and up the side of my neck. I really thought I might have been having a heart attack...so you do what is best..hospital ER.
        I was there, for 7 hours....an very complete examination, with all the tests. No heart attack, thank God. WE came to the conclusion, that it might have been caused by my back, and it's scoliosis.
        The same pain & pressure happened again, a few days later. This time, I waited it out...getting up, stretching my back, this way and that~~~and it did go away.
        So scoliosis can cause pain everywhere. But please, act cautiously...if you do experience pain, around your heart, that might be a sign of a heart attack. I would off to the ER again, if I was experiencing any other signs, that were unusual.

Comment

Working...
        X