Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/10/04

hello!

I finally got an official day and time to see my new physician. I'm relieved, but at the same time, i'm scared out of my mind. Relived that i'm going to get treatment, but scared as to what the treatment will be. My family and i are hoping that tihs will be the last step before going to the hospital and getting the final word on what needs to be done.

Ginny

Hi Ginny,
    I will be praying for you on December 10th. Hopefully everything will go great. Bye!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

thanks so much. i needed that

Comment

We have our preop appointment on Dec. 13th and her surgery is going to be on the 4th or 5th of January.
        We'll be thinking about you on the 10th.
        Good luck!!

Kim
        Mother of Keri

Comment

kidneys

all i can really do is to just go to this doc and hope for the best. some of the people who work with my mom said they arent suprised that i may need surgery, because my curves are getting so bad. today though, i felt strange... i was at the nursing home where my mom worked and i got a pain in the lower right part of my back. anyway, one of the nursing aides were kind enough to rub it for me. she them pointed out that that's wer my kidneys are. so, i don't know if my kidneys are being damaged now or if it's just nerves.

Ginny

Comment

Re: 12/10/04

Originally posted by dare2care2005
            hello!

I finally got an official day and time to see my new physician. I'm relieved, but at the same time, i'm scared out of my mind. Relived that i'm going to get treatment, but scared as to what the treatment will be. My family and i are hoping that tihs will be the last step before going to the hospital and getting the final word on what needs to be done.

Ginny
            That's the same day mine was supposed to be, but it got changed to the 17th.. I just want to finally talk to a doctor that knows something!

I have pain/numbness in the same region but on the left side - I'll let you know what they say....
            Pre-surgery: upper curve 44 (and kyphosis), lower curve 45
            Post-surgery: under 20, both curves (doesn't even qualify as scoliosis anymore )

surgery: August 29, 2005
            fusion T5-L3
            Surgeon - Dr. Ted Wagner at University of Washington (Seattle)

Scar getting to the point where people either don't notice it or think it is from something much less serious!

Comment

NOOOO

Bad news, yesterday at my mom's work, her health insurance was changed with little notice. We found out that the doc i'm supposed to see isn't covered nor is the hospital he's at. hopefully they will honor this though and i will still be able to go, but we'll have to wait 'til monday. GRRRR

i'll keep you all posted.

Ginny

Comment

Ginny,

Most insurance policies have a "continuation of care" clause for a person like you who has a serious health issue. Ask your mom to look into that... hopefully you'll be able to see this doctor after all.

Susanna
                Susanna
                ~~~~~~
                Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Phew!

Good news all, i'm able to go see this physician after all. my mom called the insurance company and they went ahead and honored it. She'll just have to pay 30% of the cost instead of the 10% if this guy was originally covered

Comment

I hope everything goes all right. Let us know how you are feelingI

Comment

Working...
                    X