partial use of leg post surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partial use of leg post surgery

My thirteen year old daughter had surgery almost three weeks ago. She has not regained complete use of her right leg. The toes and ankle work but she can't lift the leg. Has anyone else had a partial and/ or temporary loss of use like this?

Hi Luke...

I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter. I think I remember hearing that regaining some function is a good sign that full function will eventually return. I hope that's the case.

I only know one person who had significant loss of feeling in one leg following surgery. She eventually regained full function. I haven't heard from her in about a year, but I'd be happy to try to find her if you can't find anyone else. If that's of interest, please send an email to me at lindaracine @ earthlink.net (without the spaces).

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We have a follow up with her surgeon,who we trust very much,on Wed Nov.17.I may have more questions after that visit. As I said we trust the doctor,it's just nice to see what other people have to say in this forum.

Comment

Working...
      X