very experienced doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very experienced doc

I had a very experienced doc at UCSF do my revision. I was his first MAJOR FAILURE. His other revisions have gone well. I researched for two years where the best revision docs were. I am not upset that I had UCSF do the revision. I just had a bad luck of the draw on the outcome. I need to have this same surgeon, who I don't want to bad mounth, redo the revision. He knows what the heck he put into my spine; so he can take it out and fix it. I DONT EVER WANT TO GO THROUGH REVISION AGAIN. I am not in the good shape I was in prior to the first major revision to survive it again. I never recovered from the revision in the first place. I improved for a few months, then things just stayed the same. That is the reason I am on heavy medication, which I am not addicted to, and it makes me sick and doesn't work. So, first, I need to change my strong medication even though my pain levels are now severe, then I need to consider revision of the failed revision surgery. Anyway, I am not looking for yet another surgeon. I am looking for someone with experience with failed revisions. I know of many people who have had 7 revisions. It is just very sad. I really thought that one revision from hell was enough. Now I am very disabled. UCSF knows that, but can only offer a very drastic revision since I am already fused from T2 to S1. They need to go lower with a new fusion. What does someone do when their entire spine is fused and it has failed? What does one do when you can't take more pain medication? it seems that the party is rather over...and that is where I am. EVERYONE has a point where they can't fight disability anymore. People who say they would react the same way have just never been in this situation, because there is a point where you can't take it anymore
    SAH

SAH:

Who was your surgeon?? Don't be afraid to name names especially if was as you say simply bad luck and not the doctors fault. A good surgeon that has had a failed outcome should be more than willing to refer you to several other equally qualified surgeon's. Remember scoliosis is mainly a "skeletal problem" and most surgeons have their own ideas on how to approach correcting the alignment of the spine. Back in the beginning of my treatments are first for an entire body cast for several months prior to my surgery, then the second revision "halo traction, halo body cast" and the list goes on and on on bed rest for an entire year." In the early seventies I Was at the Twin Cities Scoliosis Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Pioneers scoliosis surgery, Dr. Moe, Dr. Robert Winter, and I even recall a young doctor Bradford as a resident. Everybody learns their technique from somebody. All will take credit for their successes but seldom do we hear about the failures. My last revision surgery 2001 in Texas I was on a ventilator for four months almost destroyed my lungs, which almost destroyed my career. He was absolutely most HORRIBLE experience of my entire life but I have to keep going I have to keep hoping and so do you.

Frankie
    Frankie Bush 130% curve after multiple fusions with rods

Comment

Working...
    X