spinal cord stimulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinal cord stimulator

does anyone have a spinal cord stimulator? If so, can you post pictures of how it looks?

I want to know if there will be a bulge or something on my back. thanks

LaShawn Hardy
    34 years old
    Sep 2010 C5-C6 fused
    36 degree curve Thoratic
    Lumbar natural fusion
    Surgery Date 1/31/2011
    T2-L1
    Dr. Herkowitz
    Heart Condition and Bleeding Disorder
    hoping they don't reschedule my surgery again

I've seen people with the devices, and have never noticed a bulge (but I wasn't looking for one). Here's what they look like:

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/en/imag...mFinal_000.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Are you talking about the bone graft stimulator worn post op? I have one I have been wearing since my March surgery. I don't have a picture of it but it is simply 2 electrode type patches worn on either side of my incision. Each patch has a wire attached to it and the wires each attach to wires on a small pager size stimulator I wear on my belt or in my pocket. I don't feel a thing. I just have to replace the patches each time I shower and change the battery every couple of days. Mine is made by Biomet so I guess you could Google it if you want to see a picture of it.
      May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
      X