Sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry

I'm sorry I really haven't posted much about my surgery. To be honest, all of the posts until now have been my husband. I've not been able to get the pain under control because of loads of back spasms. The doctor called in some flexeril so, will see what happens. Once things are under control again, I'll go into more detail.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!
    Tiffany K
    I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
    4'11", never braced
    Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
    T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

I hope you feel better soon!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Tiffany, You're really in the thick it now. Just one week post op. Some people aren't even out of the hospital in that amount of time. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I've heard alot of people say how important it is to keep up with the pain meds in the beginning so I'm glad your husbands helping you out with that. Take care of yourself, and btw there's no one to apologize to, it's your time to heal.
      Debra
      Age 45
      Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
      Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
      Fused T4-T12
      Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
      Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Hi Tiffany-

I stayed in the hospital 3 days longer because of spasms, but I did not have them in my back. They were in my left shoulder, probably cause I was fused high up at T3. The flexeril did nothing to stop my spasms, but then the doctors called in a prescription for another muscle relaxer called valium, and it worked wonders. Just wanted to tell you in case the flexeril didn't work.

Can't wait to hear about your surgery and recovery! Keep us posted!

JenM
        Surgery date: June 8, 2010 with Dr. Boachie
        Thoracic curve: 55 degrees, corrected to 25 degrees
        Lumbar curve: 58 degrees, corrected to 27 degrees
        Posterior-only surgery, Levels T3-L3
        31 year old mother of 2 young kids

Comment

Tiffany -- The valium worked well for my back spasms too. The valium also seemed to help me rest better. No apology is necessary for not writing. Your top priority right now is to get plenty of rest and take extra good care of yourself. We all completely understand what it's like to not be up to writing. Things will get better and we'll all look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it. Don't push yourself.

Glenda
          Glenda
          Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
          Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
          Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
          A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
          Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
          Pleased with outcome

Comment

Hi Tiffany,

It's good to see you here!!! Muscle spasms are very frustrating, like hiccups you can't get rid of. The flexerel helped me.

All the best,
            Shari
            Last edited by Shari; 08-13-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Tiffany

Hang in there and take it real slow....

Concentrate on healing, nothing else.

Ed
              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Totally agree with Ed, you just take each day as it comes Tiffany and you will feel our love and support believe me, even my hugs across the sea. Bless you and I think you are doing well to even be typing.

No need for any apologies on here Tiffany. No one would expect any thing from you except for you to get better, and I do hope your pain settles down I really do. Your husband has done very well.

Lorraine.
                Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
                Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
                X