Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menstrual Cycle Problems

Can I ask two questions here?

1. Is it common to have menstrual cycle problems with scoliosis? I have talked to a girl who had scoliosis surgery 10 years ago. She had no problems regarding that. She even said that she never thought scoliosis can affect the menstrual cycle.

2. If scoliosis affected your menstrual cycle(like having a 44-day period!), does it mean that you would have problems when pregnant?

sigh.
    Mona, 21 yo, with scoliosis
    My blog

Originally posted by Sweet Mona View Post
    Can I ask two questions here?

1. Is it common to have menstrual cycle problems with scoliosis? I have talked to a girl who had scoliosis surgery 10 years ago. She had no problems regarding that. She even said that she never thought scoliosis can affect the menstrual cycle.

2. If scoliosis affected your menstrual cycle(like having a 44-day period!), does it mean that you would have problems when pregnant?

sigh.
    Hi Mona...

As far as I know, this has never been studied. Problems with cycles are so common that it would be relatively difficult to correlate them to much of anything.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Yeah, I felt it hasn't been studied yet as I've never seen someone talking about that. Interesting.

I'm curious to know how scoliosis affect the menstrual cycle. I have problems with it since I was 14. Tried whatever to solve that in the past 6 years, but to no avail. This is why I think it's my scoliosis' effect.
      Mona, 21 yo, with scoliosis
      My blog

Comment

hi Mona
        i dont know what doctors/surgeons say about your questions...i have known i have scoli for over 25 years...i do not believe it has had any effect on my cycle...and i have both an upper and a larger lower curve...i would think maybe a lower curve would have more impact on those lower organs...but i do not know beyond my own personal experience..

i hope you can find the answers you seek..and doctors who can help you!

best regards
        jess

Comment

Working...
        X