pain with no answer;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain with no answer;

I had surgery at age 16, i'm now 27 years old and expericing extreme pain. My pain starts in my neck on down my spine,across my shoulders. My neck gets so stiff till I can't hold it down, up, left or right, I have bad headaches and oh my arms and hurts and gets so weak most of the time I don't even know it's on my body. It's like carrying a died limb around. I have been to two doctor one of which is the dr. who performed my surgery, they have done mri's and ct scans and said they have all come back normal. But the pain I experience is horrible and the doctors just don't understand. Are you all able to work with these problems? I have been off work since 10/04/04, and the dr. says its up to me if I want to take the chance of going back with all the pain and maybe even more pain. If you all are still working how do you cope with pains? And if not working, what type of financial assistance do you get if any such as SSi Disability? I hope that's not being to nosey of personal. I have become depressed because of the pain I am going through and it's like the doctor are saying you're crazy because nothing shows on their test. Have you gone throgh any of this, if so please give me your input.

If possible, I'd encourage you to find another doctor.. hopefully one who has a lot of experience in treating people with prior scoliosis fusions. Where do you live?

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hey linda,
      I'm from this small town of Uniontown, Alabama. The doctor that I was going to was in Mobile, AL

Comment

Re: pain with no answer;

Originally posted by shani'
        I had surgery at age 16, i'm now 27 years old and expericing extreme pain. My pain starts in my neck on down my spine,across my shoulders. My neck gets so stiff till I can't hold it down, up, left or right, I have bad headaches and oh my arms and hurts and gets so weak most of the time I don't even know it's on my body. It's like carrying a died limb around. I have been to two doctor one of which is the dr. who performed my surgery, they have done mri's and ct scans and said they have all come back normal. But the pain I experience is horrible and the doctors just don't understand. Are you all able to work with these problems? I have been off work since 10/04/04, and the dr. says its up to me if I want to take the chance of going back with all the pain and maybe even more pain. If you all are still working how do you cope with pains? And if not working, what type of financial assistance do you get if any such as SSi Disability? I hope that's not being to nosey of personal. I have become depressed because of the pain I am going through and it's like the doctor are saying you're crazy because nothing shows on their test. Have you gone throgh any of this, if so please give me your input.

Comment

Hi Shani..

I couldn't come up with anyone in or near Mobile with good training and experience. (There may be some good doctors there that I just can't find.) You might want to check out Dr. Charles Wingo in Tallahassee:

http://www.tlhoc.com/wingo.htm

It looks like he's had good training.

If you don't mind traveling, Dr. Mike LaGrone in Amarillo, TX has an excellent reputation for treating patients with prior fusions. I think he'll do a phone consultation with you if you send him your x-rays, CTs, MRIs, etc.

In general, I'd recommend that you try to find someone who has done a spinal deformity fellowship, preferably somewhere like Boston, St. Louis, Minnesota, Philadelphia, or San Francisco.

Good luck trying to find someone who can help.

Regards,
          Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Shani...

I just found James L. West in Mobile. I don't know if he routinely treats adults, but he has really excellent training:

http://www.theorthogroup.com/physicians.html

Regards,
            Linda

Comment

THANKS

HEY LINDA,
              THANKS FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS AND I WILL ONSIDER THOSE OPTIONS. AND YES DR. WEST IS A VERY GOOD DORTOR IN HIS FIELD OF STUDIES. BUT TO ME IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE HE'S TAKING ENOUGH TIME WITH ME AS A RETURNING PATIENT. HE TELLS ME WHATS ON THE TESTING AND THATS IT, HE HASN'T OFFERED ME ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG OR EVEN JUST SAT DOWN TO UNDERSTAND MY PAIN AND PROBLEMS. BUT I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOR TIME AND CONCERNS.

SHANI'

Comment

Hi Shani....

I'd encourage you to speak up for yourself. The next time you see him, tell him you want to know what your options are for getting out of pain.

Regards,
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X