Jan's Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan's Update

We had a rough Sat night. Trouble finding the right meds combo to keep her out of pain. She did very well today eat a little walked a little. But she still getting sick when she sits up. the pesty pain meds. I hope she can sleep better tonight. Me to 3 days no sleep.
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

I hope you and Jan are able to get some rest tonight. My daughter's fusion was almost as long as Jans. She is T2-L4. The recovery is long but you really have to just take it one day at a time...sometimes one hour at a time! I remember somewhere around 3 weeks she turned the corner..started sleeping better, moving around more, decrease in pain and in general just getting back into the swing of things.
    Keep encouraging her and being positive. It really helps to get through the rough spots.

Ann
    Daughter April had surgery July 13th, 2009 by Dr. David P Roye at Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital. T2-L4
    She's doing very well!!

Comment

I hope you both can start getting some sleep. You need to be well rested to take care of her, so try (I know it's hard) to take care of yourself. I can only imagine what a difficult time this is for both of you.

Take Care
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Sorry to hear about Jan being sick when she gets up, hope they find the right meds to relieve her pain. She's in my thoughts every day.
        Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
        Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
        Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
        Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

I do hope the both of you get some sleep soon. It's so vital - everything is worse when you are sleep deprived. Soon things will start to improve, can't say when, but it will happen. You're getting there!
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

It will get better.I promise.Hope that the two of you get some sleep soon

Both of you are in my thoughts

Melissa

Comment

Thank you for taking time to post. We are thinking about Jan & you--hang in there!

Evelyn
              age 48
              80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
              Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
              Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
              Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
              Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
              X